Starting the day off with this breakfast feels decadent, but it’s easy to make—and healthy, too!
It can be prepared the night before, but the granola will get a bit soggy where it meets the yogurt. In the grand scheme of things, it isn’t a very big problem. The granola will keep for weeks in an airtight container. Sprinkle it on ice cream, mix it into some pancake batter or just eat by the handful. C’est parfait!
INGREDIENTS (Serves Two)
- 1 cup granola, recipe online
- (visit http://www.dontfeartheedible.com/cannacrunch-granola/)
- 2 teaspoons canna-coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-2 peaches, sliced
- 1 cup yogurt, your choice of flavor
- Heat oven to 340° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the canna-coconut oil and honey before adding the granola. Stir to coat well.
- Transfer to a baking sheet with sides. Stir and bake for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place a layer of granola on the bottom of each bowl. Top the granola with some sliced peaches. Follow with the yogurt. Repeat the process twice more, ending with the peach slices.
Depending on the size of your bowl or glass, you may have two or three layers. This parfait tastes great with ricotta cheese and cottage cheese, too. Cottage cheese is under-appreciated and I think it’s going to make a comeback. Just wait.